Taking things further
I felt that it was a shame to leave my poor essay to waste on a hard drive and wanted to create something from it.
Now that covid is more manageable and restrictions are easing my year may get a graduation, so I thought I'd take my new millinery skills and make a hat.
I took unstiffend sinamay and my essay printed on textured linen paper and blocked it on a button block with stiffener.
Then I dripped ink on to it while it was wet to get the blending effect.
Once dry I edged it with wire and snamay binding.
Then I block the same materials on a brim block . Once dry I cut it into a spiral, and then wireman edged it too.
I sewed the spiral to the base into a swirl
Then cut the pages into paper flowers and rolled them, glued them and added colour like the base.
Once dry I began attaching them to the hat.
It's not finished yet but is looking good.
More photos to follow.